Wednesday 16 September 2009

UKCAT

I'm planning on applying for medicine for next year, so this means apitutude test time!

Most of the universities I'm planning on applying for want the UKCAT, so I decided to take this one.

So off I trotted, down to the Pearson Education education centres, which happened to also be the DSA testing centre, which I had visited a few weeks ago to do my Driving Theory Test. I can't imagine many people end up on the 5th floor of the Venture tower in Portsmouth twice in a month :P

To be honest, I didn't do much preparation for the test, you wern't supposed to. I had done a practise on the net but thats about it (and they don't give you the answers :(... not useful). Some people are given months of private tuition and study for weeks beforehand, but I think this is just unecessary. Either you got it, or you don't....

The test comprised of 5 sections, the first four tested the way you thought, so there was a pattern recognition, a mathematical one, verbal reasoning and a decision analysis. The fifth was a non-cognitive test, and gave you a print out with an analysis of your personality.

It turns out im good with numbers, and making decisions (although a number of people would argue this), but sometimes I can be overconfident... meh....

The test wasn't as bad as I thought, and I found sticking to the time limit the most hardest part of the whole test.

Lets hope it's good enough for Medical Schoo huh??

No comments: