Saturday 17 January 2009

Pin Pricks

I ended up travelling to London briefly on Friday straight from work, and found myself on the 1635 train from Havant Rail Station.

I thought it was strange that stood next to be were two guys, both wearing pin striped suits, and both ended up in the same 6-seater section of the same busy carriage. 

Now

One of these guys was wearing a brown leather cowboy hat, which was rough round the edges shall I say. The other guy was much older, and carried with him a small black briefcase.

The guy with the cowboy hat also had a notebook and pen in his hand. He sat on the opposite side of the seats, and just stared at me. Then every now and then he would smile and write something. 

Now the other guy, the older guy, suddenly pulled out one of those cup-lid things from a thermos flask, so I thought he was pouring himself a mug of coffee or something.

No

He the pulled out the litre bottle of Smirmoff vodka he also had in this briefcase, and with my help, broke the seal, then poured himself a cup. He also spilled a fair amount on me too. By the time we got to waterloo he had actually downed the whole thing, and I was on drunk alert. 

Would have given me good recovery position practise for my first aid exam the following morning.

Anyway, we all stumbled off the train, and before I knew it I was back on the journey home.

Sitting opposite me on the four seater was, as predicted, a fairly attractive guy in a pinstripe suit. Then, his very attractive girlfriend came along. Bummer. They continued to be smug and perfect until the guard announced...

"Message for the guard, don't worry about that briefcase, its all just rubbish inside"

When the guy in the pinstripe decided he didn't like this information and started to as everyone if they had their belongings, and to find the owners of all the bags in the overhead baggage rack.

Ha...not so perfect now HUH....Her face closely resembled the red colour of the South West Train seat she was sunk into....


No comments: