Wednesday 4 August 2010

And I'm back....

OK, final year kinda got a hold of me, and I had no time AT ALL to blog. But now... I'v graduated (with a modest 2:1) and I'm back out in the big wide working world.

I'm back into the lab, but this time with a different company.

As the job is close to home, I am living back with parents in Essex. I also now have a car, a silver fiesta called Pedro, who is my new faithful companion on my travels. No more depressing bus rides for me in the near future. But adjusting to Essex commuter drivers is tough, and I think I am slowly (very slowly) becoming one of them. Sorry!!

This also means that I have left my very good friends and my boyfriend in Guildford, which is fairly upsetting. As I am working in Kent, I will be half way there, so many trips to Guildford will happen I'm sure.

The first weekend of me moving home involved clearing out my room. I'm still doing it. Parents managed to aquire a double bed from a friend who is relocating, so we had to squeeze it into my room. Much to my parents' disgust, I have also chucked out all their stuff, and claimed some space for myself. I think the total was 7 clothes bags, 10 recycling bags, 12 black bags and three car loads (my parents have an estate) to the rubbish tip. I haven't finished yet.

Needless to say, there was a lot of crap in here :P

The hamster is adjusting well to her new home. She spent the whole journey here running up and down her cage, and didn't settle for the whole day and night. I think she wore herself out so much she hasn't got up much since. She is loving having a wooden floor to roll around on and lots of new things to crash into :D

Another task in the room clearing was buying new furniture. IKEA!!!! You can fit a surprising amount in a Ford Fiesta :P

That's it for now!!

No comments: