Friday 13 August 2010

Friday the 13th

I had a very close call this evening when driving from work to Guildford. The petrol station I use next to work was closed, and took the wrong turning onto the M25. I called 118118 and they said there was a petrol station in 11 miles. The petrol light came on and 15 miles passed, tensions rose. Luckily I managed to reach Clacket Lane services just as the car started to sputter, and there was a traffic queue up ahead!!!

It really was a typical Friday 13th. Woke up late, was late for work. Kept knocking things over all day in the lab! Although it wasn't until lunch time it was pointed out to me that it was the famously known unlucky day.

Tomorrow is a new day :) Hopefully the weather will brighten up, I won't get caught in any more flash floods, and I will have a great time training my replacement LINKS committee.




No comments: