Friday 7 November 2008

10 Hours in Pompey...

From Monday morning until the following Monday...
Monday until Thursday was spent in the magical land of Cambridge, as I was sent there for work. Got to stay in a nice hotel, have some nice meals, all paid for by the company of course! Must have put on a stone at least.
Nice restaurants in Cambridge include Alimentos and The Vault...very very nice :D
Also attempted to go to the firework display at Midsommer Common, but we got there about 13 mins after the display started. So we [my colleague and myself] only saw about 2 mins of the display. But what we saw was nice :D
Was a huge display, and the whole of Cambridge seemed to come to a stand still. Masses of people...funfair, huge bonfire...usual thing really.
But the strange thing was I bumped into a fellow member of a society from Guildford, who now works in Cambridge...strraaaanngeeee, must have been thousands of people there!!!
Next time I go to Cambridge though, I want to go to the park...
I want to have a picnic...
I want to have lunch on Christ's Pieces...Yes...

Its the name of a park in Cambridge....you gotta love em :P
Its only Friday at the moment, so will update the post once my weekend of Guildford/Essex wonderment is over!

No comments: