Sunday 2 November 2008

Pompey Pompey Pompey...

Well last weekend I actually spent the majority of the weekend in Portsmouth (apart from Friday night, when I was strutting my stuff in the G.town).
Saturday was spent doing much needed stuff, shopping, cleaning, more shopping, then more cleaning.
Sunday I was up at stupid-o-clock and walked for 45 mins in the pouring rain to be a first aider at the Great South Run. Not run it...don't be silly...it's 10K!!
I have trouble running round the block...
Which brings me nicely onto my doctors appointment! You're now reading the script of a suspected asthmatic...and I have a lovely blue inhaler to use in case my chest tightens up again. I also get to measure my peak flow twice a day, which is always a barrel of laughs. The inhaler does help though. I can manage to get 400mL/min before, and 450-470mL/min after the inhaler...woop!
Still trying my hardest to reach 500mL/min :(
This weekend sees 1 year of my relationship with James, so he came down to celebrate. Friday night we went out to Gunwharf Quays to catch the end of the fireworks, have a meal Frankie and Bennies with my housemate and a fellow placement student at work, and then we went onto a club after! Was great fun being the only ones sad enough to go to a firework display in halloween costumes....haha!
Saturday, had a really nice day, drunk waaaay too much wine (and am suffering for it today) and had a lovely meal! 
Well I'm off to pack my fabulous new holdall, with wheels!! As I'm off to Cambridge for 4 days :D
Ta ta!

3 comments:

Raquelita said...

Peak flow measuring- YEAH!

Aww,can't believe you and James have been together a year already,it's gone really fast.Well,maybe not for you,being as you've had to spend time with him and stuff... :)

What's in Cambridge?Other than pretentious twats and a nice fudge shop?I'm jealous you have a new holdall.I want one.

Unknown said...

Congrats to you and James!

//Mink

Unknown said...

Rachel that was mean, I make time fly by. Especially when I get annoyed with my watch and throw it across the room. :p