Monday 17 November 2008

Another Crumb

I thought it was time to add a few more crumbs to the pile!

During my four days at the travellodge in Cambridge, I had a couple of showers. Not that this is an unusual thing for me to do, but it is relevant to the crumb.
When I got out the shower, I looked in the mirror. I don't know why I always do this, as I always find myself disappointed. The mirror is always steamed up. Always. 
However, here I was in Cambridge, and what did I see? Myself staring back at me!
Ah how poetic!
How the heck did the travellodge manage to do that? Most of the mirror was steamy, like usual, very disappointing, but there was a convenient square of non-steamyness that was perfect for those after-shower grooming moments. 
I was going to put a picture of it up, but by the time I was decent enough to take a picture, the steamyness had disappeared. Damn air conditioning.

There we go...weight off my mind... 
:P


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its actually pretty simple:

They probably had an Electrically heated mirror patch stuck to the back of the mirror.

Its literally a wired sticker patch you put on the back of the mirror (where you can't see it) and then wired to a low voltage supply which normally comes on at the same time as the lights or fan in the shower. This has the effect of heating the mirror up enough to clear the steam off it. (The same effect thats used on heated rear windows in cars)

//Mink

Diana said...

Ah... I can sleep better now :P

Another crumb to add to the pile!