Tuesday 18 November 2008

Community Service - YES PLEASE

Ok...
I was just watching some kind of soap, which my housemates had on, I think it was Home and Away, and some guy has just been in court.
For his crimes (from what I gather, he tried to murder his Dad or something), he was given 100 hours community service.
Now....
Ive done about 550 hours on duty and training with St John Ambulance this year so far (to be greatly increased this weekend).
Does this mean I could have tried to kill my Dad 5 and a half times in Australia and get off scott-free?
I think I'm living in the wrong country...

1 comment:

Mark said...

Ooo, now that could be useful knowledge indeed...

Judge: I find you guilty of murder!
Me: *sigh* well here's a couple of hundred hours of community service I stored away just in case. That do you?
Judge: Make it 250...
Me: Done. Bye!