Wednesday 16 September 2009

Broom Broom Broom

I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST

BRRRROOOOOOOOMMM

Couldn't have had a better test! 7 minors.

I had a driving lesson before hand, when my driving instructor decided it was a good time to show me under the bonnet. As soon as he lifted up the bonnet however, the burst of smoke wasn't a good sign, and the engine was chucking out heat like it was the Albert Hall...

Never mind, I drove home, then was picked up again after a short lunch. I have never been so scared in my life. My instructor gave me all this "well if you don't pass then..." advice, which didn't help things. Pulled into the test centre, and my driving tester got into the car. He slammed the door, and said very sharply... "RIGHT DIANA, DRIVE ON...BAY PARK FIRST"
AHHHHH, of course I did what he said out of pure fear, and pulled out of the bay, then back in.

Success!

Next, to drive out of the test centre. Not only is the junction to the test centre on a hill (so hill start) but its onto a 40 limit narrow country road on a blind corner. As you can imagine, a lot of people fail driving out the test centre :P

BUT I DIDN'T HAHA!

(but I did get a minor....meh....)

As soon as we got out of the test centre, the tester suddenly lightened up a bit and he attempted to clear up the whole Essex/Portsmouth/Surrey confusion. He failed... and probably went away more confused than before...

My test was at 1402, and for some reason, there was noone on the road, the Cosham roundabout was empty, and I got green lights pretty much all the route!

I did, however, get stuck behind a cyclist. Not any cyclist, this cyclist had a dodgy back wheel. I'm sure it was about to fall off, and this guy was swerving all over the road. Now, as the road was narrow, I decided to hang back, and not overtake until the road opened up a bit, but the tester got a bit edgy.

"JUST OVERTAKE" he boomed, and after argument I did as he instructed and we zoomed back to the test centre.

Phew...

A few minors for not driving eco-friendly and a few signalling issues, apart from that, :D



No comments: