Friday 18 September 2009

V Festival

As I was in Essex, I thought why not... lets pay a visit to the Festival of V in Hylands Park.

Not as a punter, I would like to point out... that would be a bit hardcore! But with the ol' Johners.

I was posted on a medical post, which was right opposite the 4Music stage. This meant that I got to see people such as Fat Boy Slim, Pendulum, Dizzee Rascal, Jet, Keane, The Enemy, Paolo Nutini, Katie Perry, Alisha Dixon and Lightning Seeds.

By see, I meant I either caught a glimpse of them from the corner of my eye or heard them whilst filling out paperwork. It was quite a busy day for us, especially as the weather was amazing...

One thing that I appreciated very much, due to the sheer number of customers we had over the two days was the presence of a pharmacy right next door. :D Only other Johners would appreciate this, a pharmacy that sold plasters, sun cream, anti histamines and paracetamol. :D

One good thing about being so busy is that I got to get a lot of casualty experience. Especially as I was on a Medical Centre post, this meant I got a lot of experience of shadowing doctors and nurses, which all adds to the UCAS personal statement. :P

I was very grateful for the people giving out free chocolate :D Thanks Aero Mint...
Also thanks to Vitamin water who came and gave us cool drinks during the day :D Mucho Appreciated!

For whole weekend, it perplexed me as to why there were people walking around carrying hundreds of cups in towers that stretched higher than their hats :P Turns out they were doing an exchange a number of used cups for money off more drinks, to help the place tidy. Good thinking V Fest!

Good weekend!




No comments: