Sunday 31 August 2008

Douglas Adams Will Be Ashamed

As a duck lover, I had great joy in accepting an invitation to the Great British Duck Race, and to sponsor a couple of ducks to race along the Thames in aid of St John Ambulance.
250k blue rubber ducks racing 1k along the river next to Hampton Court...Awesome!
The winner duck (the one that passed the finish line first) won 10k, and the rest of the money went to charities, such as the Downs Syndrome Association and SJA. £2 per duck!
Not bad...Especially when I got a hug from a giant duck and lots of free rubber ducks to add to my collection!
See...Pics...Lots of ducks!!!

Setting up the track at the top of the lock

And they're released!

Ducks, and more ducks, and then a few more ducks :D

The day was pretty good, full of the usual smut and geek speak of the crowd, though the weather was miserable. It absolutely chucked it down as we were walking back to the car...I'm talking monsoon!! I had no idea where my towel was...sorry Doug!
Yesterday my boyfriend came down from home and we went out in Portsmouth, around Guildhall area. Had an un-nerving taxi ride, with the driver telling us how dodgy the area is, eeek. But I found it fine. Drank in good ol' Yatess, The Fuzzy Duck (can you see a trend?), and an Australian pub, where we had a bit of a dance, and drank a little too much...
So I struggled to get up the next morning ;p

No comments: