Monday 4 August 2008

The First of Many

Well I started my placement today, first day in full time employment!!
I turned up for my induction meeting with other placement students and who was to be there, but James' ex-housemate, also on placement at the same company as me! Small world huh?
Next we completed looooads of forms, got force-fed cookies and coffee and then were released from HR (*phew*) to go our separate ways. I managed to scrounge a lift from another student, and the working day began. I was given the vending machine tour, and also told about the cake corner in the office, where people bring in cakes for special occasions.
Special occasions include: Birthdays, Weddings, New baby, Achievements, People going on holiday, People coming back from holiday, Fixing a computer problem, Buying new shoes...etc etc...
So... there's always a plentiful supply!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Ooo, cake corner...

We don't have a cake corner in our office - cake is welcome in any part of it :D

So, what ho, no safety training?!? But you might die tomorrow just 'cause you didn't know how to create a risk assessment...

(OK, poor choice being in SJA, but still ;P)

Diana said...

Nope, not on the first day, but im sure ill have lots of it to come!