Saturday 2 August 2008

The Mighty Move to Pompey

As some of you know I'm currently about to start my 3rd year of my degree, which involves a year long work placement. For this, I have moved all the way down to sunny seaside Portsmouth! I have a nice house, which I share with 4 other people!
The move in was pretty simple, can actually park outside the house, unlike everywhere else Ive lived since being at uni, and I unpacked all my stuff in no time. I really do have a lot of stuff.
Then went to the seafront for chish and fips, and after the the parents buggered off home!
After an intense session of TV watching in the evening, I decided to go to bed. All fine and dandy.
0330, and I get woken up by a couple just screaming at each other down the street. If it was the middle of the day I would probably have found this quite amusing, with quotes like,
"The hamster has nothing to do with our marital status, don't you try and bring him into this!!"
and
"Open the door...don't make me call a locksmith!!"
and
"FINE, I'll go spend all the money, then you'll see how poverty stricken I really am!"
Eventually the woman just left and peace was once again restored.

3 comments:

Mark said...

"The hamster has nothing to do with our marital status, don't you try and bring him into this!!"

Now that is completely priceless... really it is. I now seriously want to know what this poor hamster had supposedly done...

Good luck with your placement! I absolutely love mine, and am sure you'll love yours ;)

Raquelita said...

Aww,late night fighting- bet it feels like you never left Essex :)

Diana said...

actually this never happened in Essex lol!!
Well it didnt where I lived, but di a lot everywhere else!