Tuesday 19 August 2008

Its 6pm, and I'm fed up.

I had a traumatic journey home from work on the bus today.
First of all, the rain started, and even though I was under a bus shelter, the wind from the river was blowing the rain into the shelter...so I got drenched.
Finally got onto the late bus, when a rather large man stopped the bus, then proceeded to walk up the bus...very slowly, and he struggled through the seats to walk allllll the way to the back.
*sigh*
Starting to get a bit impatient, the bus then gets stuck in traffic.
*sigh*
Then the bus gets stopped by an elderly lady, who looks rather frail and is dragging along a shopping trolley. She struggles on the bus, whilst having rocks being thrown at her by some kids. The bus driver shouts at them, along with half the passengers, so the kids rock the bus, and the woman nearly falls over.
*sigh*
I finally get to my bus stop, and I am greeted from the bus by a drunk man, stinking of pub.
"hello darling, you're looking smart"
So I ignore him, and carry on walking.
But then I noticed he was following me, so I dived off into the church just to make sure he lost me, and waited until he walked a little up the pavement. Only then did I notice that he had a large head wound, but I was too afraid to approach him by myself to help him out.
So, keeping an eye on him, I carry on walking up the road, in the direction that I usually walk in. He passes an African lady, dressed in gorgeous traditional African dress, and he makes some comment about her being Jamaican, and starts to dance.
He also then trips up a skater on the pavement, who I help up and make sure hes not broken before I turn my attention back to this guy.
However, now in the distance, I see him stagger into the pub at the end of the street, and burst into laughter.
*sigh*
Then, I head homebound, just as a group of kids walk towards me, taking up the whole pavement. The shock on their face when I just barge into them was amazing.
Yes, old people can be rude too you know.

No comments: