Monday 21 July 2008

I Live in Allah

I found out something interesting whilst reading the deeds to my house earlier.
The land for our house and the house next door were purchased together in the early 1950s, but only next door was built. It wasn't until later that the owners sold our plot of land to their son, and he built the house, and a couple of others along the street. What struck me as unusual was what he decided to call the houses. Instead of giving them numbers, he named after Muslim religious leaders, ours being Allah. Therefore, technically I live in Allah! Tehehe

Something else made me smile today. A phonecall to Tesco Clubcard Hotline. The guy on the end was a Northerner, and after explaining why I needed a replacement Clubcard, he said...
"Why can't people just get proper jobs instead of nicking nice young ladies' bags...its disgraceful. It's ok lass, I'll send ya some vouchers to cheer ya up..."
Bless...
Of course the Nectar Card Hotline was just routine and boring... and just referred me to the website...Snore...

No comments: