Wednesday 9 July 2008

Nocturnal Nursey Di

This weekend sees the passing of the almighty Guilfest, the hardcore family music festival that is held in Stoke Park in the magical town of Gillyford!
Being the dedicated Johnnie that I am I decided to take up the nightshifts, which involves 12 hour first aid duties sitting in a converted Arriva Bus, 9pm till 9am. I actually had fun, despite the rain and coldness and lack of sleep. Got a chance to do some things that I don't usually do (not that I can talk about any of them due to patient confidentiality rules). I also got a chance to watch Blondie and Bowling for Soup on stage, both of whom were awesome :D
Would just like to say thanks to Adam and Emily for letting me stay at their house and supplying me with a plentiful supply of tea... much much much appreciated :D
Also like to say thanks to the little Chinese food stall that was close to our post, who produced some amazing food and gave us discounts...again, much appreciated guys :D
On a slightly different note...
I went along to my Cadet divisional meeting this evening, only to find that an official register, without my name on it was produced. This really cut me deep, especially after being told that I wasn't a member, or wasn't qualified to be in the division. I have only been there since I was 11. I don't know what I've done to piss people off in Essex, but my patience is wearing thin. They may find themselves with one less "adult member" before long.
Emotional Rant Over.
James came to stay over night, which cheered me up. :D Im really gonna miss him next year :(

Coming soon on Crumb Knowledge...Cadet Camping in the Arse End of Nowhere, trek to Bacup, and the move to Pompey...

No comments: