Monday 28 July 2008

London (Take 2) and Dr Who

Had another trip to London on Saturday to say goodbye to Keira, which was really nice :-)
Had lunch in Hyde Park, then did some shopping in Oxford Street, then dinner in a buffet restaurant in China Town. Had nice weather, despite being quite hot and stuffy everywhere we went, at least it didn't rain.
Sunday was also very hot, so myself, James and his family went to Southend and had a browse down the seafront. Did some things I hadn't done for a while, like going in the dodgems in Adventure Island, or just walking along the seafront. We also had Derek with us, a large yellow duck, which made the outing quite entertaining, especially on the way home. James was holding him up to the window, which especially entertained a minibus full of kids and gave us a giggle whilst stuck in Sadlers Farm traffic queues.(Derek enjoying a cold Carlsberg in my garden)

On another note, I'm listening the the Dr Who Prom as I'm writing this. I'm not sure what to think of it to be honest. It was obviously aimed at children, but I am really surprized that they didn't show it on TV. But then I have hardly seen any of them on TV this year, which is a shame (despite the awful programming). But anyway...one thing Freema said at the beginning made me giggle, "Wow, I need a minute to compose myself, I mean, I'm sure it [RAH] wasn't this big on the outside." Which is exactly what I thought when I first went there :)
Also, they seemed to praise Murray Gold like a god, and "celebrate" the music from Dr Who. I didn't really think the music was that great, I have heard sooo much better, but I'm guessing its all part of the show. They obviously put a lot of effort into it, and it was probably the highlight of the season. :(

EDIT - Id just like to point out that it was the trip to London that was nice, not saying goodbye to Keira... lol

6 comments:

Diana said...

sorry! i take it you were a fan then???

Keira said...

I'm glad you added the little edit at the bottom. I did wonder the first time I read it through.

Diana said...

well i read it through a second time to work out why i was a miserable twat, and saw that and thought i better make it clear ;p

Mark said...

Ahh, what lovely peeps you meet on t'internet :)...

John Stall said...

my uncle is the princible flautist for the BBC Philamonic Orchestra which was the orchestra behind the BBC DR Who Prom!

Diana said...

Oh wow awesome! I'm a flautist myself!
Don't get me wrong, it was a good performance! And it was a fairly good prom! Just wasn't overally impressed with the proms in general this year tis all.