Saturday 19 July 2008

London...

Please note that my iPod is not updating itself while I write this...well actually who knows! Some random bastard has it!
I thought I would take a trip to London with Keira to see Avenue Q, as Keira and I have been wanting to see it for a while. So I booked the tickets online, and off I went.
The day started out fairly well, we met in Liverpool Street station, along with James, who had finished work early, and after much argument, we pottered along to Covent Garden and watched some street entertainers and did some shopping! I don't think the street entertainers impressed James very much, but I thought they were alright!
Next was dinner time, with 3 hours to go before the performance we decided to stay and have a pub dinner in the Punch and Judy pub in Covent Garden. It was a lovely little pub, and we sat in a low-lit corner and had a beef dinner with wine, which was delicious! We were also served by a really sweet waiter, who was on his first day and just wanted to impress us.
The trouble was, some bastard nicked my handbag from under the table. I rang home, and my mum (who was nearly in tears) said, without saying anything else informed me that my bag had been handed in at Charing Cross police station. So that was our next stop. And then almost 45 mins after arriving we were actually served by a policeman and he gave me my bag back, with nothing in it apart from my St John ID, my keys and my empty purse. Great.
Luckily my dad had frozen my bank and mobile account, so they didnt have enough time to actually spend anything but they got £25, my ID, my iPod, and my phone.
Also, luckily James didn't have work the next day so he could come back to mine that night so I wasn't travelling alone without a phone late at night.
Anyway, after leaving the police station it was too late to go to the show, so we decided to go to the a pub near Leicester Square. It was a nice pub, and I drank rather too much wine. Im very glad to have good friends who helped me out so much and helped me to have a great evening despite everything that went on.
Just got a battle with the insurance company to deal with now...*sigh*

No comments: